Verizon Innovative Learning judges have chosen Ms. McAloney's ACES students, Destination Exploration, as a Best in State winner for New Jersey in the Verizon Innovative Learning app challenge! We received more than 1,800 app concept submissions in this highly competitive contest. Ms. McAloney and her students should be proud of their hard work and innovation!
As the winning team, Ms. McAloney and her studnets will receive:
- A $5,000 award for your school/organization
- A Verizon Ellipsis 10 tablet and case for each team member
- A T-shirt, cinch backpack, bumper sticker, and certificate for each team member
- A recognition plaque and banner for your school/organization
- Listing on the Verizon Innovative Learning app challenge website
- Eligibility to compete for the titles of Best in Region, Best in Nation, and Fan Favorite
Ms. McAloney and her team will also compete in the Fan Favorite competition. Voting is simple, and it’s free (standard texting rates apply). Just text the code for your favorite app concept—your team’s code is XPLORE—to 22333 using a mobile device.
The voting period begins on January 16 and ends on February 14 at 11:00PM EST.